[OS X TeX] kpsewhich pointing to wrong location?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 20 21:01:26 CET 2007

Am 20.01.2007 um 16:49 schrieb Michael S. Hanson:

> 	I don't have the Unix expertise to confirm this claim, but I
> recall reading somewhere that the switch from cron to launchd in
> 10.4.x largely eliminated this problem -- that the periodic tasks
> would be run at the next opportune time if they did not execute on
> schedule.  Fact or fiction?
>
> 	(As one data point, I notice that on my home iMac running 10.4.8, /
> var/db/locate.database was last updated at 18:25 on Mon, Jan 15.  I
> don't know if that is "normal" or if some other process spawned an
> update, but I didn't do it manually, and the iMac is very rarely
> not asleep overnight.)

You might have anacron (from Mac Ports or Fink) ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

IMBECILITY, n.  A kind of divine inspiration, or sacred fire
affecting censorious critics of this dictionary.
                    -- Ambrose Bierce: _The Devil's Dictionary_