[OS X TeX] Re: kpsewhich pointing to wrong location?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Jan 20 04:14:37 CET 2007

Before this goes any further, Nathan's problems arise likely from
using an older version of TextMate's LaTeX bundle, which had a, shall
we say, less than perfect way of trying to locate kpsewhich. I think
his TeX install is fine, but the commands in TM are not new enough to
detect that.

(The nitty gritty is that TM used to use 'locate kpsewhich' to find
kpsewhich, when 'which kpsewhich' failed. The 'which 'called failed
because TM was not sourcing /etc/profile, and the locate call was
returning many responses, and TM was using the first one of them,
which is likely even the wrong architecture)

Haris