[OS X TeX] Configuring a new TeX installation

Josep M.Font jmfont at inicia.es
Fri Jan 19 01:38:08 CET 2007

Hi,

My new Mac arrived, and I am going to install TeX. I followed the
recent discussions--incl. tonight's--and I thought I understood the
situation and felt safe by going to install MacTeX-2007.

However I just noticed I don't know how the *configure* stage is done
with these new tools. I now realize much of the discussion has been
about *installation* and not about *configuration* (building the
formats, etc.).

I was satisfied with i-Installer's procedure, because I need non-
standard hyphenation patterns, and it did work perfectly. My
understanding has been that TeXLive is not an i-package, so you
cannot run i-Installer to configure it. Am I right ? Is there a GUI
application to configure this TeX ? Should I use the command line
(don't know how to) ? Perhaps I mixed everything up ?

Suddenly I have realized that this step is crucial for me, and
perhaps I should stick to the old methods and install and configure
gwTeX with i-Installer...

JMaF