[OS X TeX] help needed to install Adobe Euro fonts

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Jan 18 21:47:02 CET 2007

Le 18 janv. 07 à 18:52, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 18 janv. 07 à 18:36, André Bellaïche a écrit :
>
>> I have everything, TFM, AFM, PFB for the eight fonts involved,
>> zpeu.map is already known by updmap.cfg. So what can be missing ?
>
> Are you sure you actually ran "sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map
> zpeu.map"? zpeu.map is indeed included in updmap.cfg, but by
> default it is commented out. Have you checked it is uncommented in
> the updmap.cfg (in texmf-config) maintained by updmap-sys? And that
> reference to the zpeu* fonts is included in the map files
> (psfonts.map etc. in texmf-var) generated by updmap-sys?
>
> All the above considers files inside /usr/local/texlive/2007/.
> Don't you have, by any chance, copies of these files inside ~/
> Library/texmf (which would be one more occurrence of the per-user
> vs. system-wide configuration mess, still not completely behind us)?
>
> If all the above does not give any clue, could you post a minimal
> LaTeX file reproducing your problem?
>
> Bruno Voisin

Your last clue was the good one. I threw ~/Library/texmf to the
basket, ran texhash to be sure, and everything went well.

Thank you, Bruno.

Do you allow another question :  by typing "\fontseries{mc} \euro" I
could get a euro symbol matching with Helvetica Narrow, which was my
main concern today. By typing

\euro \fontseries{mc} \euro \bf \euro \fontseries{bc} \euro

I can get regular, narrow, bold and bold narrow euros. I can also get
italic shapes. But I what should I do if some day, I need a serif
euro ? I can manage by myself, of course, but does it exist some good
package ?

André