[OS X TeX] Lucida and MathTime installation instructions: (1) Lucida

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 19:05:08 CET 2007

Le 18 janv. 07 à 18:42, Axel E. Retif a écrit :

> On Jan 18, 2007, at 09:44, Chris Goedde wrote:
>
>> [Detailed but UGLY installation instructions deleted---thanks Bruno!]
>
> I bought the fonts from the TUG store and installed them without
> problems. Instructions, by Walter Schmidt, are brief but enough,
> and after I bought them Karl Berry said they will try to improve
> those instructions to cover different platforms.

My instructions were detailed and difficult to follow at times
because I tried to cover all possible cases. Most people have
converted their fonts to PFB already, meaning you can throw away task
1 (just put the PFBs to fonts/type1/lucida/), and won't care about
using the fonts with plain TeX, meaning you can throw away tasks 4
and 5.

Task 3 was an update of the pre-installed package lucidabr, most
people won't care and be happy with the pre-installed version. Which
leaves only step 4: download the metrics and map files from CTAN, put
there at the appropriate places as indicated in the accompanying
ReadMe, then use texhash and updmap to update the global map files.

It can even become simpler if you install in ~/Library/texmf instead
of TexmfLocal; then you don't have to run texhash (= mktexlsr), and
you can do all file displacements and directory creations in the
Finder, without having to migrate to Terminal and use mv, mkdir and
friends.

Still, of course an install script is nicer.

Bruno