[OS X TeX] help needed to install Adobe Euro fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 16:18:19 CET 2007

Le 18 janv. 07 à 16:01, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> And you need to install the /TFM/ files for TeX (TeX reads TeX Font
> Metrics, others might be able to understand Adobe Font Metrics).

In TeXLive (full) everything's preinstalled for Adobe Euro (TFM
files, zpeu.map, packages europs.sty, eurosans.sty -- my favorite --,
Rowland's eurofont.sty, plain TeX sample eurosample.tex), except the
font themselves (AFM and PFB files).

Now, if you've installed TeXLive (MacTeX Scheme), then that's another
story.

I can see the mess associated with the coexistence of several TeX
distributions (TeXLive-2007, TeXLiveMTS-2007, gwTeX, teTeX) coming,
as anticipated!

That said, the eurosym fonts have now been converted to PostScript
format and are included in this form in both TeXLive and gwTeX. Thus
it should be possible to avoid the Adobe Euro fonts if needed. I
haven't tried.

Bruno Voisin