[OS X TeX] help needed to install Adobe Euro fonts

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Thu Jan 18 15:46:40 CET 2007

I have  changed my TeX installation yesterday, installing
MacTeX_additions and the full TeXLive.

I wanted also to install the adobe euro fonts, in order to use the
eurosans.sty package

Since the zpeurs.tfm (TeX font metrics for Adobe Euro Roman Serif)
file and alike were in

/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/adobeuro/

I created /texmf-dist/fonts/afm/public/adobeuro/ and /texmf-dist/
fonts/type1/public/adobeuro/, and put in these directories all the
files got from the Adobe downloading site (Windows/Unix) and renamed
along the instructions of README.eurosans.

So zpeurs.afm is in /texmf-dist/fonts/afm/public/adobeuro/ and
zpeurs.pfb is in /texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/adobeuro/

To be sure that they do not disappear at the next reinstallation, I
have put copies of /fonts/afm/public/adobeuro/ and fonts/type1/public/
adobeuro/ into texmf-local.

Then, I have run "sudo texhash" and "sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map
zpeu.map".

In fact, the line "Map zpeu.map" was already in `/usr/local/texlive/
2007/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg'

But, it still doesn't work. I get the following error messages:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+57/600 --dpi
657 zpeubs
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for zpeubs.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
)

pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file zpeubs): kpathsea: Running
mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+57/600 --dpi 657 zpeurs
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for zpeurs.
Font zpeubs at 657 not found

pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file zpeurs): Font zpeurs at
657 not found
</usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr10.pfb>

Have I forgotten something ?

André Bellaïche