[OS X TeX] CM Super, Latin Modern

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Thu Jan 18 15:21:50 CET 2007

I'm switching in this email from the other Subject: accept my apology, if
this is not straight.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Peter Dyballa wrote:

>> I do not want to use CM Super unintentionally
>
> You should be glad about having them installed: clear PDF output readable in
> any viewer! And the document is finished at once, once you forgot to use
> Latin Modern or some PostScript fonts (which do not always substitute super-
> or subscripts, footnote marks, maths ...), no need to create the missing PK
> fonts first.

Then, what should one do to make sure that CM Super is the default? How to
know which (CM Super or Latin Modern) is the default for a TeX
distribution and usage? And how to switch from one to another, if needed?

Before, I used to Download CM Super via the i-Installer and then lived on
the believe that that was the default for the teTeX on my machine.

If I include \usepackage{lmodern} in the preamble of a tex file (e.g.,
test1-url-lmodern.tex), then in the output buffer I see something like:

with gwTeX:
(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/lm/lmodern.sty)

with TeXLive:
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/lm/lmodern.sty)

If I comment out \usepackage{lmodern} in the tex file, I do not see which
one is the default (CM Super or Latin Modern, etc).

By the way, what would be the declaration in the preamble of a tex file
for CM Super?