[OS X TeX] OSX-ifying TeX even more

Jonathon Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:31:52 CET 2007

On 1/18/07, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:
> Am 18.01.2007 um 12:57 schrieb Roberto Avanzi:
>
> > Pro and con anyone?
>
> Apple developed some recommendations how to handle and where to place
> different kinds of "bundles." UNIX has a longer history.
>
> To sing it with Marx: I'm against it!

What, because it's new?

Your message sounds very much like "The way we do it is the way we've
always done it, and it's the way we always will do it, because this is
how it's been", which to me seems very dangerous.   Shouldn't
Roberto's idea at least be considered, rather than thrown out simply
because "UNIX has a longer history"?

Jonathon Swiderski -- jonathon.swiderski at gmail.com
"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money
in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week." --- Evan
Esar