[OS X TeX] MacTeX_Additions binaries/libraries

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Thu Jan 18 04:01:49 CET 2007

Hi,
I have another suggestion for the documentation of the MacTeX packages.
As I already pointed out in some previous email, I am concerned (as
many others) with the idea of installing something in /usr/local/
without a proper versioning system (e.g., fink or MacPorts). It would
enough for me to have clearly documented exactly which binaries/
libraries (together with Ghostscript and ImageMagick) are installed
by the MacTeX_Additions package, so that I can actually install that
stuff using my favourite system (which used to be fink and it is now
MacPorts) instead of the MacTeX_Additions package.
I know that I could parse the loooong "Show Files" information within
the installer, but I believe that a shorter list in the documentation
may be more effective.
Is this doable?
cheers
--e.