[OS X TeX] PDF File won't print from Adobe Reader 8.0

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Thu Jan 18 03:55:16 CET 2007

>On Jan 17, 2007, at 23:25, Alan Munn wrote:
>>Forgive me if this is slightly off topic.  I have a PDF file that
>>will print fine from Preview, Acrobat 6.0 and TeXShop, but won't
>>print from Adobe Reader 8.0.  This is on a Macbook Pro running
>>No error seems to be produced.  The printer queue GUI shows that it
>>has Finished, but nothing shows up.  Is there some better way of
>>diagnosing the problem?
>print to a postscript file from Adobe Reader, and see if that
>produces something.

Adobe Reader won't let me do that. (It gives a message saying to use
Save As, but then only allows PDF saves...)

>  Another option is to look in the console applications in the
>utilities folder to see if something happens there when you print
>this file from the terminal (like error messages).

There are no error messages at all.

>Is there a particular reason this is a problem?

Sure, first, I would like PDFs that are printable by others, and many
people use Acrobat Reader.  I would prefer that intuitively
reasonable things just work.  Also I tend to use Reader myself, and
would like documents to print as they should.

Alan Munn                                                   amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics                                   amunn at acm.org
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824    Tel.  +1-517-355-7491