[OS X TeX] TeXLive 2006, babel, and hyphenation patterns

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Jan 17 17:30:01 CET 2007

On 17 Jan 2007, at 3:38 pm, Gary L.Gray wrote:

> Here is some code that gives me that error:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{lmodern}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{datetime}
> \begin{document}
> Last revised: \today, \currenttime
> \end{document}
> It must have something to do with the \today command. Here is the
> (very long) log file for the error version.

I don't believe the log file actually matches that input! It is
clearly the log of a beamer (not article) run:

> This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.0-rc4 (Web2C 7.5.5)
> (format=pdflatex 2007.1.3)  17 JAN 2007 09:52
> entering extended mode
> \write18 enabled.
> %&-line parsing enabled.
> **test.tex
> (./test.tex
> LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
> Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax,
> dumylang, noh
> yphenation, arabic, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech,
> slovak, german, ng
> erman, danish, esperanto, spanish, catalan, galician, estonian,
> german, finnish
> , french, greek, monogreek, ancientgreek, croatian, hungarian,
> interlingua, iby
> cus, indonesian, icelandic, italian, latin, mongolian, dutch,
> norsk, polish, po
> rtuguese, pinyin, romanian, russian, slovene, uppersorbian,
> serbian, swedish, t
> urkish, ukenglish, ukrainian, loaded.
> (/usr/local/texlive/2006/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamer.cls

However, that's probably not important; I don't get an error with
either article or beamer.

I notice that you have an older version of fmtcount.sty than what's
currently in TL:

> (/usr/local/texlive/2006/texmf-dist/tex/latex/datetime/datetime.sty
> Package: datetime 2006/12/05 v2.49 Date Time Package
>
> (/usr/local/texlive/2006/texmf-dist/tex/latex/fmtcount/fmtcount.sty
> Package: fmtcount 2006/07/29 v1.04

So I'm guessing this may be the problem. My current TL snapshot has
v1.06, dated 2007/01/06, so I

JK