[OS X TeX] Where to put local additions to texmf?

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Jan 17 08:56:55 CET 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 03:05 , Bruno Voisin wrote:

> On 17 janv. 07, at 01:45, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> Bruno, I've seen i-Installer asking with some i-Packages where to
>> install. It was a button which offers installation places in
>> teTeX, gwTeX, or TeX Live ... (Could be after some sleep I can
>> remember more precisely – can't you check this with your extra i-
>> Packages? And if you try with the ConTeXt updater: you do need to
>> install it, just play with it!)
>
> You're right. As far as I remember, for CM-Super and TeX-Gyre it
> asked to choose between /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local for
> teTeX and /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs for gwTeX. Given TeXLive was
> installed from TeXLive-2006.dmg, i-Installer doesn't see it.

If you have multiple i-Package TeX installs (say, /usr/local/teTeX
and /usr/local/gwTeX) the support i-Packages will pick this up when
you install them, but they won't nag you about it unless the
situation changes.

You can force this dialog by resetting the i-Package to its default
properties, but that is useless unless you have two i-Package
distributions.

I never got around to making the support i-Packages TL-install capable.