[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Mon Jan 15 19:29:07 CET 2007

Am 15.01.2007 um 18:40 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> On Jan 15, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Christian Burk wrote:
>>
>> I tested the glossary package and with the following example a
>> *.glo file with the right entry was created but no *.ist file as I
>> understood in the manual for glossary (ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-
>> archive/macros/latex/contrib/glossary/manual.html)
>>
>> Any hints on how could I proceed to get the glossary?
>
> Howdy,
>
> You need to have
>
> \usepackage{glossary}
>
> or
>
> \usepackage[options]{glossary}
>
> before the \makeglossary statement to have the .ist, etc., files
> created.

What the hell... I must have been blind arrggh - Thanks anyway.

But for creating the index I have to use the following command line:

-----
makeindex -s test_glossar.ist -t test_glossar.glg -o test_glossar.gls
test_glossar.glo
-----

Is there way to do this with that "engines" in TeXShop - it would be
more handy?

Thanks
Christian