[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Mon Jan 15 18:15:11 CET 2007

Am 12.01.2007 um 19:34 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
> On Jan 12, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Christian Burk wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running TeXShop 2.09d and a new gwTex distribution.
>>
>> I would like to create a glossar for my thesis. I already use
>> nomencl but this is used for explanation of terms of equations.
> How about the glossary package? Both the glossary and nomencl
> packages actually create special types of indexes.

I tested the glossary package and with the following example a *.glo
file with the right entry was created but no *.ist file as I
understood in the manual for glossary (ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-
archive/macros/latex/contrib/glossary/manual.html)

Any hints on how could I proceed to get the glossary?

Here the example:
------
\documentclass{scrreprt}
\makeglossary
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
\begin{document}
Test
\glossary{name={singular matrix},
           description={A matrix with zero determinant}}
%\printglossary
\end{document}
------

Thanks