[OS X TeX] FixMe - Issues with TeXShop<->TextMate

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Mon Jan 15 18:10:38 CET 2007

Hi list,
I have a strange problem with the FiXMe package in the memoir environment.
When I use TextMate to typeset my thesis (pdfTeX 3.141592-1.40.0-rc4),
FixMe notes are typesetted correctly (properly broken lines and little
space between the margin and the note), whereas when I use TeXShop , the
notes are not broken and thus run into neverneverland outside the page
boundary (small screenshots attached). Often, notes occurring close
together are also printed on top of each other. Didn't tweak either one
the setup for the two editors and no complaints from the fixme package in
the log in either of the runs. To me this looks like a margin-related
problem but this should occur when just changing the editor, right? Any
clues why this happens and how to fix this are greatly appreciated.

Screeenshots:

TeXShop
http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/~christian/tex/fixme_ts.png.

TextMate
http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/~christian/tex/fixme_txtmt.png

Cheers,
Christian

TeX Installation is gwTeX based on TeXLive 2006 ('usr/texbin' setup,
version 2007/01/04), MacPro 2xDual Xeon, OS X 10.4.8.