[OS X TeX] Book class tweaks

david craig dac at panix.com
Mon Jan 15 06:02:26 CET 2007

I'm using the book class to produce a laboratory manual.  (This may not
be the best choice, but I don't have time to switch right now.  For the
record, is there a notably better choice?  Nothing I found on CTAN
seemed especially compelling.  The documentation for memoir and my
inability to find an appropriately reasonable template kept me away from
it for now.)

Anyway ... I'd like to tweak some of the formatting parameters.
Perusing book.cls shows me how to fiddle with some of them, but I find
myself at a loss to adjust some list properties such as the spacing
between list items and their indentation.  (In the latter case, what
seemed like the obvious choices did not have the expected effect, so I'm
hoping for moreexpert advice.)

Thanks,
David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>