[OS X TeX] Re: [mactex-support] gyre fonts not found

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jan 11 18:25:59 CET 2007

Le 7 janv. 07 à 11:00, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> There is a separate gwTex Support: TeX Gyre i-Package for TeX Gyre
> fonts.

Just installed it today, and noticed two things:

- The map file qcs.map isn't activated at the end of the install. It
seems texgyre.configure misses a line

	system( "${updmapcmd} --nomkmap --enable MixedMap qcs.map </dev/null");

corresponding to the New Century Schoolbook clone Schola.

- The GUI fonts aren't seen by Font Book and Linotype FontExplorer X
immediately after installing: it's necessary to start a new session
for that. It seems to me that fonts are immediately visible when they
are dragged onto /Library/Fonts in the Finder, and that the observed
behaviour comes from the TeX Gyre fonts being added through cp in
Terminal instead of drag-and-drop in the Finder, but I'm not sure.

Bruno