[OS X TeX] Installing of calligra

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jan 10 19:03:42 CET 2007

Le 10 janv. 07 à 18:39, Christian Burk a écrit :

> Am 10.01.2007 um 11:43 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>
>> Then you could simply use the Zapf Chancery font as allowed the
>> the chancery package, part of PSNFSS. In a teTeX-based install,
>> the doc should be available at /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/
>> doc/latex/psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf, which you can probably access as /
>> Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf.
>
> This is strange.
> If ein use \usepackage{chancery} it changes my whole document to
> this font... arrgg

Yes, the chancery package switches the whole roman font to Zapf
Chancery. I should have checked in detail.

You can then remove the call to this package, and try instead:

\DeclareTextFontCommand{\dedication}{\fontfamily{pzc}\selectfont}
Some {\fontfamily{pzc}\selectfont calligraphic} text.

or even better for a dedication:

\newenvironment{mydedication}
   {\fontfamily{pzc}\selectfont\large}
   {}
\begin{mydedication}
This is my dedication.
\end{mydedication}

You can then transform the mydedication environment to perform some
formatting (center, add text before and after, add margins like quote
and quotation, and so forth).

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin