[OS X TeX] Re: Save date-time, not Print date

Robert Bruner rrb at math.wayne.edu
Sun Jan 7 18:59:28 CET 2007

Further notes:

4. the code I sent seems to work without an extra characters to protect the
braces

5. your locale settings may change the output of ls, so bytes so-and-so
as Victor suggested, or fields 8,7,6, and 9, as I suggested, may be different
on your machine.  Here is the relevant part of man ls:

 LANG            The locale to use when determining the order of day and
                 month in the long -l format output.  See environ(7) for
                 more information.

My order, fields 8,7,6,9 assumes I am running US locale where the usual
order is month-day-year, but that I want the output in the more logical
European order day-month-year.

7. All this fiddling strengthens Maarten's argument for version control!

Bob Bruner