[OS X TeX] Re: Save date-time, not Print date

George Gratzer gratzer at ms.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jan 7 17:17:32 CET 2007

Doug,

Why desperate? This thread really shows the best and the worst of
this discussion group.

The best: some in the group are really knowledgeable, can extend TeX
to do miraculous things. Without their help I would often be in deep
trouble.

But why use TeX for version control? I assume all of you back up. I
backup many times a day with Retrospect. It requires one click, and
it happens in the background. If I want to know the source or the pdf
file of my project on December 5, I get it with very little work, I
just have to pick from the 4 or 5 backups of the day.

Am I missing something?

GG