[OS X TeX] Use of nomencl with TeXShop

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Fri Jan 5 22:34:45 CET 2007

Am 05.01.2007 um 21:33 schrieb Joshua Smith:

> On Jan 5, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Christian Burk wrote:
>
>>> [snip
>>>
>>> What do you see in TeXShop's console window when you run
>>> MakeNomenclature?
>>
>> It says the following
>>
>> -----
>> This is makeindex, version 2.14 [02-Oct-2002] (kpathsea + Thai
>> support).
>> Scanning style file /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/makeindex/
>> nomencl.ist..........done (10 attributes redefined, 3 ignored).
>> Scanning input file ./glossar.nlo...done (0 entries accepted, 1
>> rejected).
>> Nothing written in ./glossar.nls.
>> Transcript written in ./glossar.ilg.
>> -----
>
> Here is mine (what you called glossar I have as Untitled):
>
> This is makeindex, version 2.14 [02-Oct-2002] (kpathsea + Thai
> support).
> [snip]

No it says the same. I replaced the nomencl.ist file in the makeindex-
folder.

> The first thing I notice is that your path says /usr/local/teTeX.
> Do you mean to still be using teTeX?  I suggest that you upgrade to
> gwTeX based on TeX Live.

That is true. At the moment I am preparing my master thesis and
during this periode I will not update.

Anyway, after a further latex run it gives me an output where on the
first page is the explanation - in this case it's "Erregerspektrum" -
and on the second page it says "Nomenclature" and shows the formula
without explanation.

Any thoughts... or did I misunderstand anything here?

Thanks
Christian