[OS X TeX] CharacterPal & Symbols

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Fri Jan 5 08:04:10 CET 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 00:38 , Ross Moore wrote:

> Hi Axel,
>
> On 05/01/2007, at 3:28 PM, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>
>> On Jan 4, 2007, at 20:03, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>
>>> Now if only I understood why Apple has made it so that widgets
>>> cannot be displayed in the same time as standard windows in the
>>> Finder: what's the purpose of such widgets if these cannot be
>>> visualized side-by-side with the windows for which they're
>>> supposed to make input easier. In Vista for example, if I'm not
>>> mistaken, gadgets appear in the Sidebar side-by-side to standard
>>> Vista windows.
>>
>> Have you seen David Pogue on Windows Vista? If you want to, go to
>>
>> http://video.on.nytimes.com/
>>
>> On the left column, click on Technology, then on David Pogue, and
>> then, on the right hand frame, choose Windows Vista.
>
>   nyimes.com   is a quite sophisticated site.
> The view is customised to your browser, so that your instructions
> above may not be relevant to some (most ?) surfers.
>
> I think this is the ultimate link that you want us to listen to.
>
>     http://podcasts.nytimes.com/podcasts/2006/12/14/14pogue.mp3

Unfortunately, no. This mp3 in more thorough, thank you, but the
video is really funny.

I'm surprised the link I gave didn't work. If I click it Safari takes
me to the NY Times video page, which will start playing the current
video (right now, ``A New Speaker of the House''), but below that
there is at the left a column ``Channels'', where I can click on the
triangle ``Technology'' and then choose ``David Pogue'', and then
after a few seconds Pogue's videos appear on the right, one of them
is the Windows Vista video.

Hope it works.

Best,

Axel