[OS X TeX] TeXLive 2006 (MacTeX) is not detected...

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Wed Jan 3 16:16:13 CET 2007

When I call a command, I don't put a dot before the command, I put
nothing at all, only the file name. Thanks to this dot in the
contents of my PATH variable, which means that this file name will be
searched also in the current directory as well as /usr/bin or /usr/
ocal/bin.

But according to Herb Schulz, adding "." (the current directory) in
the contents of my PATH variable could create security gap... Why?