[OS X TeX] TeXLive 2006 (MacTeX) is not detected...

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Jan 2 18:01:43 CET 2007

> The inventor of symbolic links will come into heaven: he could not
> imagine then how much trouble some users of his invention would
> produce with disks of a few thousand times the capacity he had to
> deal with.

And do not forget that currently, there is a bug in Mac OS X when handling
symlinks, at least in the ls program but probably in other placse as well
according to my sources, that is: Apple is aware of the problem.

ls -l /usr/texbin/ will not give you the correct answer

ls -lH /usr/texbin does produce the answer you should get with ls -l
/usr/texbin/

I have no idea how deep the bug is.

> “I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.”
>       - Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen.

Which hasn't stopped him advising Microsoft on math in Word.

Jan 1 has come and gone. I will be working on the stuff a short while
longer as I haven't been able to complete the transition yet. Wiat for
theofficial announcement of the end of support as it will coincide with a
new i-Installer version and updated i-Packages.