[OS X TeX] Where to put file like "longdiv.tex"?

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Feb 28 06:54:24 CET 2007

At 9:26 PM -0800 2/27/07, John B. Thoo wrote:
>Hi.  I'm sorry to bother y'all with what is surely a FAQ, but....  I
>have Fink teTeX installed.
>
>When I grab a .sty file from CTAN, I put it in
>
>/sw/etc/texmf.local/tex/latex/misc/
>
>I just grabbed the file "longdiv.tex" from CTAN.
>
><http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/generic/misc/longdiv.tex>
>
>Where should I put it?  Thanks.

You can put it in the same place.  (And you will need to do texhash
as  you do for sty files) To use it, you need to put \input{longdiv}
in your preamble.

(BTW, are much more up-to-date TeX distributions around than Fink's
teTeX. (e.g. www.tug.org/mactex)  teTeX itself is no longer being
supported/updated.  You might want to think about updating sometime.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491