[OS X TeX] Re: ifthenelse in or for engines

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Feb 27 14:59:24 CET 2007

On Feb 26, 2007, at 9:46 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Though come to think of it, I don't see why a "master" engine file
> couldn't be calling other engine files, since they are all
> basically shell scripts. Then again, I don't use TeXShop so I don't
> know ;).

There is no reason one file couldn't call another outside of
aesthetic reasons. The other engine files would show up in the drop
down menu on the document's tool bar and, unless they were useful by
them self, it would just clutter things up. You also have to be
careful about you call them since the path would have to be
explicitly given as ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/...; e.g., the latexmk
engines (e.g., pdflatexmk.engine) actually call the main latexmk
script which gets stored in ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)