[OS X TeX] Suggestion for TeXShop

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Feb 27 10:23:41 CET 2007

Dear Richard,

Let me start by thanking you for all your hard work in making TeX so
easy to install and use on the Mac. I appreciate how busy you have
been with TeX lately, and that it's not your "day job", and so you
may want to just ignore this request, or put it off for a rainy day.

I'd like to request a small, but potentially very useful feature:

TeXShop already has a "Go to error" button in the log window, which
is very handy.

How about a "Go to warning" button?
OR
Making the "Go to error" button also take you to warnings?

Often, TeX warnings can be quite significant things that really do
need fixing up (e.g. overfull hboxes), and this facility would make
it easier to find and fix such problems.

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com