[OS X TeX] Mactex applications

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Sun Feb 25 17:48:00 CET 2007

I noticed that mactex installs texshop, bibdesk, excalibur and
latexit in Applications/TeX. I already have these programs in
Applications/ and I want to remove the extra copies. If I move my
excalibur dictionaries in Applications/TeX/Excalibur/, will they be
preserved next time I install mactex or is the entire folder /
Applications/TeX/ overwritten?

Of course I can move these applications outside the folder TeX/ but
then I would be getting duplicates of these applications every time I
install mactex.  My preference would be to have mactex install only
TeX Live but not the applications (texshop, bibdesk etc) since I do
that on my own anyway. Is this an option during mactex installation
that I somehow missed?

Themis