[OS X TeX] (non)floats (was: special font for tables in document)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 25 11:18:25 CET 2007

On Feb 25, 2007, at 09:59, Gert van Oss wrote:

> Thanks for all suggestions.
> I would really (finally) like to know how best to place my tables
> and figures correctly. Could you provide a hint telling me where I
> can find a 'package providing nonfloats' and how best to use this
> package?

I would not worry about table and figure placement until the very end
of writing. In the case of tables, I've use longtable for shorter
tables, just to ensure that non floating and floating tables appeared
in the correct order.

And the occasional [!h] really isn't the problem other's make it out
to be. The issue is mainly what I mentioned above: if you mix non-
floating elements with floating elements, you run the risk of an
incorrect order of elements.

If those tables are not numbered, just use \begin{tabular} ... \end
{tabular} without table environment.

Maarten