[OS X TeX] special font for tables in document

Gert van Oss gertmt at mac.com
Sat Feb 24 19:18:32 CET 2007

hi all,
I'm writing my Latex documents with Textmate and always use just the
standard font (I assume). I recently found out that I can use
different fonts as well and I would like to make use of that in my
tables. I'd like more 'straight' numbers. What I mean is that for
example the 7 in my setup (I've no idea which font it is) has a sort
of 'curved' leg. I prefer to have a different formatting, a more
straight leg.
I managed to get there by choosing the setup as written in the
'sample doc' below. I put something like:

\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm}

Above the table. However if I start writing below the table I would
like the initial font to appear again. Maybe someone can advice me
how to achieve this?
Thanks for any reply,
Gert

--------sample doc-----------