[OS X TeX] R statistics package

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 22:57:01 CET 2007

Haris:

On 23/02/07, Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at hanover.edu> wrote:
> Yes it will, though it will not color code the R code parts, since
> TeXShop is an editor for LaTeX files, not a general text editor, and
> knows nothing about sweave and R. For that, if you want a free
> editor, you would have to go with emacs or vi I guess, though I don't
> know if they have a Sweave mode or something. ( I suppose ESS must
> have something for Sweave).
>
> But if you want to just color the LaTeX part, then that would
> probably do it. Though when you want to reedit the file and try to
> rename it to have extension .tex, you'll have to delete the already
> created tex file or something.
>
> You can actually change the Sweave command to have it save the file
> with a different name, and then you can just keep all your Sweave
> files as .tex files, but that just feels wrong. But if you really
> want to persist with this approach, have a look at the corresponding
> documentation in R:
>
> ?Sweave
> ?RweaveLatex

1. Thanks for the feedback, and I agree 'it just feels wrong', so I
will not do it.

2.  I am not very familiar with LaTeX and R and OSX yet, so I do not
want to make any changes.  I will keep on using TeXShop and once I am
more familiar with the system, I will change my setup.

3. I subscribed to TUG and will be getting their DVD.

So, far it is a very productive work environment: OSX + R + LaTeX + Beamer

Ciao,
Enrico

--
Enrico Indiogine