[OS X TeX] problem with XeConTeXt.engine

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 22 14:56:02 CET 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 5:32 AM, jhnet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the Texshop.engine for XeTeX-ConTeXt.
>
> === XeConTeXt.engine
> #!/bin/tcsh
>
> set path= ($path /usr/texbin /usr/local/bin)
> texexec --xtx "$1"
> ===
>
> I made this engine by duplicating the xelatex.engine in ~/Library/
> TeXShop/Engines/ and replacing the relevant command. When I use
> this command (texexec --xtx test.tex) from the command line it
> typesets the testfile without any errors, but when I open the test
> file in TexShop and typeset it using the XeConTeXt engine, TexShop
> opens the console and just hangs. No files, no 'Tex Messages' ,
> TexShop only wants Tex Input... Has anyone seen this before, Any
> hints on solving this?
>
> Jelle
>
> ===test.tex===
> % test file for XeConTeXt
> % font definitions
> \definetypeface[MyFont][rm][Xserif][Zapfino]
> \setupbodyfont[MyFont, 12pt]
> % document content
> \starttext
> Dit is een test
> \stoptext
> ===

Howdy,

I'm not having a problem with the almost identical engine (but using
bash) and your test file:

#!/bin/bash
texexec --xtx "$1"

Note: I've stopped explicitly adding path items to the path variable;
TeXShop seems to pass the correct path---at least on my system, YMMV.

I had a problem with my xelatex engine and particular file names a
while ago and switching from bash to tcsh fixed that for no known
reason and I still don't understand that! :-)

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)