[OS X TeX] euro symbol? [new problem]

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Feb 21 23:47:32 CET 2007

At 4:20 PM -0600 2/21/07, Jeffrey Roland wrote:

>I installed TeXLive 2007 with MacTeX on my laptop.  Documents are
>compiling fine with this installation, but I'm not able to generate
>bibliographies.  For one document I've been working with, when I run
>BibTeX (after LaTeX) I get an error message saying that no \bibstyle
>command is being found in the relevant .aux file.  For another
>document, on running BibTeX I get an error message that says the
>relevant .bst file can't be opened.  These are both documents that
>have all the right bibliography commands in the preamble and with
>which I've had absolutely no prior trouble.  In case it matters, I
>use the Harvard.sty package and my .bib and .sty files are
>directories in my ~Library/texmf directory.  Any ideas what's wrong?

This has come up before.  TeX Live seems to be more finicky about the
directory structure of the local files.  Make sure they are in
~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib/ and not just in ~/Library/texmf

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491