[OS X TeX] euro symbol? [new problem]

Jeffrey Roland jroland at lsu.edu
Wed Feb 21 23:20:00 CET 2007

All right, I spoke too soon.  I got my home machine to produce a euro
symbol, but my laptop (which is my office machine and on which I do
most of my work) is being a hard case.  I did the same thing I did
with my home machine, but no euro symbol.  So I (foolishly?) decided
to try another tack and in the process gained another problem.

I installed TeXLive 2007 with MacTeX on my laptop.  Documents are
compiling fine with this installation, but I'm not able to generate
bibliographies.  For one document I've been working with, when I run
BibTeX (after LaTeX) I get an error message saying that no \bibstyle
command is being found in the relevant .aux file.  For another
document, on running BibTeX I get an error message that says the
relevant .bst file can't be opened.  These are both documents that
have all the right bibliography commands in the preamble and with
which I've had absolutely no prior trouble.  In case it matters, I
use the Harvard.sty package and my .bib and .sty files are
directories in my ~Library/texmf directory.  Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff Roland