[OS X TeX] final tex live 2007

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:44:31 CET 2007

Peter Dyballa wrote:

>>> Some Mac OS X applications and utilities will change. You'll gain
>>> widgets.
>>

>> I meant only "with respect to TeXShop?
>

> Yes, I was not precise here, too: you'll be able to use TeXShop 2! It
> is based on some new PDF framework (PDFKit) that enables nice things
> with hyperref

I got burnt with hyperref so I don't care about that.

> – but it will also make it necessary to change the old  headers with
> %& to %%! comment syntax.

Could you amplify a bit on that? Do you mean I will have to change, say,

      %!TEX root = ../PRINTchap/1.tex

> More advantages: synching  based on searching strings in PDF

That is good. Does the synching also go from source to pdf? Just curious
as I am quite happy with synching from pdf to source since it works with
included files.

> and a drawer to search text in the  PDF document, UTF-8 encoding (to
> support XeTeX).

XeTeX fascinates me but, at this point, I am not into fonts.

> Disadvantages: seems  to be more buggy ...

That is I thought I would wait some more.

> TeXShop 1.37 still works on Tiger.

Does this really mean that, with TeXShop 1.43 I can first upgrade to
Tiger and then, a while after that, upgrade to TeXShop 2? (My somewhat
frailed nerves may not take two upgrades at once.) Really, my main worry
is how much I will have to modify the magnum opus (over 20,000 files
including .aux etc and graphic files but still a lot of .tex files.)

Best regards
--schremmer