[OS X TeX] euro symbol?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 21 00:23:46 CET 2007

Le 20 févr. 07 à 23:59, Jeffrey Roland a écrit :

> I'm having difficulty producing a euro symbol.  I found a message
> in the archives that helped me install Adobe's eurofonts, and I'm
> trying to use those with the eurosans package to get the symbol.
> But when I try to typeset, I get the following error message:
>

> ! Font U/eurosans/m/n/10.95=zpeurs at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric
> (TFM) file n
> ot found.

This means the .map files used by pdfTeX, dvips, dvipdfm and ps2pk
haven't been updated to include information for the Adobe Euro fonts.

After putting all the pieces at the appropriate places, did you run
updmap? Assuming you installed the fonts in texmf.pkgs (gwTeX) or
texmf-local (TeX Live), that would mean typing in Terminal:

	sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map zpeu.map

If you installed the fonts in ~/Library/texmf, you should run instead:

	sudo updmap-sys --enable Map zpeu.map

Regarding the pieces to install, in TeX Live:

.afm files in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm/adobe/eurofont/
.pfb files in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/type1/adobe/eurofont/

and in gwTeX:

.afm files in /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/fonts/afm/adobe/eurofont/
zpeu.map in /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/fonts/map/dvips/eurofont/
.tfm files in /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/fonts/tfm/adobe/eurofont/
.pfb files in /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/fonts/type1/adobe/eurofont/
eurosans.sty in /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/latex/eurosans/

Hope this works,

Bruno Voisin