beamer and: Re: [OS X TeX] TexShop Configuration

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Tue Feb 20 22:04:22 CET 2007

Hi again,

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> \usepackage{epstopdf}
>
> But you need to make sure first pdflatex is called with the --shell-escape
> flag (if you use TeXShop, in Preferences > Engine > pdfTeX).

Yes, I've done this. But I use (predominantly) Emacs (Carbon Emacs).
Should I do something about the flag --shell-escape in the settings of
emacs, e.g., in .emacs, or somewhere else?

And one more question, if you would have the patience to take it up:

> See:
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/epstopdf.pdf
> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/doc/latex/oberdiek/epstopdf.pdf

I can't just use the Open from the Preview menu to open files
located in the root directories. For now, I'm doing this from a command
line as described below. But may be there a better way? May be something
more straightforward from emacs? Here are the options that I figured out:

1.
$ open -a Preview /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/doc/latex/oberdiek/epstopdf.pdf

or
2. by texdoc from a command line, either by
2.a)

$ texdoc epstopdf

or
2.b)
from emacs: <Esc-x shell> and then from the command line in the shell's
buffer, I issue the command <texdoc epstopdf>

Roussanka