[OS X TeX] Aspell not working

Adam M. Goldstein amgoldstein at mac.com
Tue Feb 20 14:47:43 CET 2007

On Feb 20, 2007, at 8:19 AM, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.8 (8N1250) on a MacPro. I installed
> Aspell, but I'm not getting underlining of spelling error either in
> TeXShop or in Mail.app.
>
> Suggestions as to the problem?
> _____________________________

Regardless of whether you have Aspell installed, you should get spell
checking using the built-in spell checker. The easiest way to get
this on a per-application basis is to right-click (ctrl-click) when
editing text, and choose "check spelling as you type".

How did you install Aspell? Did you install cocoASpell? This
integrates with OS X and will create a preference pane in your system
preferences which you can use to select one of the Aspell
dictionaries. I have selected all three of the "English (United
States) dictionaries." I don't know what the differences are, though.

I don't know how to get the OS to check spelling using Aspell
dictionaries installed by Fink or DarwinPorts or some other method; I
am sure someone on the list does know though . . .

Find cocoAspell at:

http://cocoaspell.leuski.net/
--
Dr. Adam M. Goldstein