[OS X TeX] New Packages for Feb 12

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex_2 at st.estfiles.de
Tue Feb 20 10:18:02 CET 2007

Hi Richard,

thank you very much for your fast reply!

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:50:48 -0800, Richard Koch wrote:
> Steffen,
>
> I don't understand this message. The example below has nothing to do
> with TeXShop.
> When TeXShop typesets a document (using ConTeXt or LaTeX or whatever)
> it just
> calls the command line program to typeset and pauses until
> typesetting is over.

I know, TeXShop is just a front-end for processing programs like (im my case) …

#!/bin/tcsh

set path= ($path /usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current /usr/local/bin)
texmfstart texexec  "$1"

… but I remember you wrote
"… beta release of TeXShop 2.10 … this release, which contains few interface changes, is a significant milestone".

Unfortunately I don't remember what was the significant change, but ever since there is that problem I've described (it existed using PowerPC cofiguration then the same as the intel path now).

> What TeX distribution are you using? Did you install TeXLive-2007 below?

Gerben's last i-installer set of December 2006. But it is independed of the TeX-system below!

It was exactly the same using in June 2006 /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
and the same using now  /usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current

> Could you send me a full example, i.e., two files, one the
> /starttext, etc., and
> the other the tufte or something else which fails for you?

It is very easy to duplicate: Create test.tex and file.tex as below and process test.tex …

1) test.tex:
%!TEX TS-program = context

\starttext
text \input file
\stoptext

2) file.tex:
%!TEX TS-program = context
%!TEX root = test.tex

\starttext
more text
\stoptext

… with TeXShop 2.09d it is done immediately, but with 2.10 not even a console window pops up:
the hit button "Typeset" stays blue/pressed and after two second the beachball starts spinning!

Isn't that strange?

Steffen