[OS X TeX] TeXLife07 and Calligra

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Feb 16 15:03:46 CET 2007

Le 16 févr. 07 à 14:32, Christian Burk a écrit :

> Since I am using TL07 my dedication typeset in calligra was not a
> problem. Today I was typesetting my document and the dedication is
> not set.
> The console tells me the following:
> -----
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+395/600 --
> dpi 995 callig15
> mkdir: ././.texlive2007: Permission denied
> mktexpk: mktexdir /.texlive2007/texmf-var/fonts/pk/ljfour/public/
> calligra failed.
> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
> -----
>
> What did happen to that font and how could I get it typeset as before?

Normally I think TeX Live 2007 is attempting to generate PK (bitmap)
fonts on-the-fly (when they are requested while running pdfTeX or TeX
and Ghostcript) in the directory ~/.texlive2007 within your home
directory. It seems from your log that it has attmpted to generate
this directory at the root level of your hard drive,
namely /.texlive2007 instead of ~/.texlive2007, right? That would
create a permission problem, and yield the message you got.

How did you run TeX? Directly from your home directory? Did your run
it from the command-line, and if so did your use sudo?

The same does not happen I think with gwTeX, which AFAIK generates
such files inside /var/tmp/texfonts.

Bruno Voisin