[OS X TeX] line break within \item of \description

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Wed Feb 14 22:46:04 CET 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Markus Bongard wrote:

> \begin{description}
> \item[Asociación Castellano Leonesa de Afectados de Retinosis
> Pigmentaria] …further information…
> item[Asociación de Padres de Sordociegos de España (APASCIDE)
> Barcelona] …further information…
> .
> .
> \end{description}

The following does almost exactly what you want:

\begin{description}
\item[] \textbf{Asociación Castellano Leonesa de Afectados de
Retinosis Pigmentaria} …further information…
item[] \textbf{Asociación de Padres de Sordociegos de España
(APASCIDE) Barcelona} …further information…
.
.
\end{description}

I say "almost exactly" because, while hyphenation works,  the
indentation of the first line after \item[] is somewhat smaller than
the natural indentation of the description environment but you can
tweak that.

Themis