[OS X TeX] aligning section titles of different levels below each other

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 14:56:07 CET 2007

Sergei Mariev wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> about a year ago I asked a question  on how to change the distance
> between the section number and the section title, and received many
> useful replies. I am posting the reply from Bruno Voisin at the very
> end of my email here (thanks again!) as it summarizes the answers in
> the best way .

As a slight variation on the above: with asparaenum, I get:

i. Text …
ii. Text …
iii. Text …
iv. Text …
v. Text …

Is the fact that the Texts are not aligned because that's "the way it's
spoozed to be" in orthodox typesetting circles?

As opposed to, say, justifying on the dots

  i. Text …
 ii. Text …
iii. Text …
iv. Text …
 v. Text …

or using a variable space after the dots to align the Ts too.

i.   Text …
ii.  Text …
iii. Text …
iv. Text …