[OS X TeX] Short Course in LaTeX

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 12 17:15:04 CET 2007

George Gratzer wrote:
> I have just finished my new LaTeX book. Part I is
>
> A Short Course.

Congratulations!

> I know you guys are all experts.

I'm not!  I use (after sometimes wrestling) LaTeX because I like the
beauty of its output and because of the convenience of writing things
ONCE and having both printed and web output.

But do you know some poor souls out
> there who would want to get started? I would send you the Short Course,
> including Appendix A on installation for a small price.

I consider myself a novice, so I don't know if I would be an appropriate
reader - but I can say this - I don't know what most of the preamble
does :-)

> A Short Report
>
> How long it took to do it, were there parts too difficult, parts over
> explained?
>
> Any takers?

So it sounds like the book is a users guide for beginners, correct?  And
you'd like some folks to go through it to get you some feedback, right?
 If so, I'd be more than happy to read it, try it and report back to you
how it went.

cheers,

Rene