[OS X TeX] section* and header content

Chabot Denis chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sat Feb 10 23:23:02 CET 2007

Hi,

In a report where I needed both a French and English abstract, I
decided not to use the abstract facility of the article class.
Instead, I made 2 sections,

\section*{Résumé}
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{\numberline{}Résumé}

abstract in French

\newpage
\begin{otherlanguage*}{english}
\section*{Abstract}
\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{\numberline{}Abstract}

abstract in English.

All is almost well...

I use the package fancyhdr with default settings. On both abstract
pages, the header reads "LIST OF FIGURES", not quite what I hoped for.

In Guide to Latex it is said that the * form results in no number
(perfect here) and no entry in TOC (I want one, so I asked for it and
I got one). It does not say that no "\leftmark" is created.

Did I do something wrong? If this is normal behavior, how can I
modify the header just for those 2 pages?

Thanks in advance, help is always forthcoming here!

Denis