[OS X TeX] Hyperlink failure with TeXShop and Preview

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 10 10:45:39 CET 2007

On Feb 10, 2007, at 08:43, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Does anybody know whether something can be done about this? Is this
> an Apple bug? Or are < and > proscribed in theory in URLs? Is there
> a special way of inputting < and > in hyperlink destinations with
> hyperref that would avoid the above problem?
>
> To solve my specific problem I'll use the actual URL <http://
> www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/76505114/ABSTRACT>
> instead of the equivalent URL based on the DOI proxy, but I'm
> curious whether something cleaner can be done.

Yes, that is possible. Search for "Reformat Strings for DOI-Links" in
comp.text.tex on google (groups).
I've packaged the code in a style file. Perhaps it is a good idea to
ask Heiko to put it in a small style file on CTAN. It is not
completely trivial.

Maarten
--
The future isn't what it used to be. (It never was.)