[OS X TeX] Sync from preview to source

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Fri Feb 9 14:28:54 CET 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 6:04 AM, Christian Burk wrote:

> PDFSync works good the way from the sorce to the preview, but the
> other way around nothing happens regarding the expected yellow
> marking in the source window.
>
> I use "include" with "includeonly" and the chapters [...]

Synchronization is temperamental and problems are not always
reproducible. A couple comments:

1. The yellow mark in the source (and a red circle in the pdf) come
from texshop's own sync engine (Pref>Misc>Synch Method>"Search".
pdfsync does not place highlights on either source or pdf (in the
source it selects the entire paragraph that corresponds to the
selected pdf point). For best results choose both synchronization
methods in TS's preferences.

2. On a long document (145 pages) with 10 \include'd files, my
synchronization works --but there can be blind spots occasionally.
I'm using memoir but I doubt this makes any difference.

Themis