[OS X TeX] Some trouble with TeXLive 2007

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Wed Feb 7 03:25:20 CET 2007

On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Stephen Moye wrote:

> I am having two problems with TL2007.
>
> 1) My .bib files are not being found. They live in ~/Library/texmf/
> bibtex. This works under gwTeX.
>
> 2. The Euler fonts are not being found -- I'm getting Helvetica in
> their place. This also works under gwTeX.
>
> I followed the advice of running:
>
> sudo mktexlsr
> sudo -H updmap-sys
>
> after installing TL2007 but nothing seems to work.
>
> The document I am currently working on (in xelatex) has this
> beginning:
>
> %%|=====8><-----|%%
>
> %!TEX TS-program = XeLaTeXbib
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>

> \documentclass{xfoodpam}
>
> \usepackage{euler}
> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text,Fractions=On]{Adobe Jenson Pro}
> \setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Costa Ptf}
>
> \renewcommand{\refname}{Annotated Bibliography}
>
> \setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Courier New}
> \setcounter{tocdepth}{1}
>
> \title{Bread Machine Math}
> \author{Stephen Moye}
>
> \fussy
>
> %%%%
>
> \begin{document}

> Any pointers would be gratefully received.

This is odder that I thought. This is a sample from the error log:

*** font lmmi12 not found in psfonts.map or host system; will
substitute Helvetica glyphs

*** font lmsy10 not found in psfonts.map or host system; will
substitute Helvetica glyphs

In spite of my calling euler.sty, TeX is trying to use the LM fonts.
Now I am really confused.

Stephen