[OS X TeX] More distiller flexibility in TeXShop (was: Page origin problem with TeXLive and dvips)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Feb 2 09:30:09 CET 2007

Le 2 févr. 07 à 08:32, Roberto Avanzi a écrit :

> So _that_ area of the misc panel would become
>
> Distiller and specific options
> +-----------------------------------------------+
> | O   Ghostscript       [____________________]  |
> | O   Apple Distiller   [____________________]  |
> | O   PStill   [Path]   [____________________]  |
> | O   Acrobat  [Path]   [____________________]  |
> +-----------------------------------------------+
>
> Or, maybe even better
>
> Distiller and specific options
> +-----------------------------------------------+
> | O   Ghostscript       [____________________]  |
> |         [] Do not Automatically Rotate Pages  |
> | O   Apple Distiller   [____________________]  |
> | O   Other    [Path]   [____________________]  |
> +-----------------------------------------------+
>
> Where [________] denotes a text input field and the [Path]
> button(s) allow you to set the paths to the command line tools.
> In the second
> Everything is optional here, but Richard Koch could tell us
> whether this is feasible without much hassle.  One could append
> the command line options to the  distillerprog  string.

I don't think that is feasible with the current simpdftex: it seems
simpdftex does not allow options to be included in its internal
variables ${texprogram} (= tex or pdftex or omega or ...), ${dvips}
(dvips or odvips) and ${distillerprog} (as selected by --distiller).

Hence:

- The current option --extratexopts, for options to be passed on when
invoking tex (i.e., to be added after ${texprogram}).

- The current options --dvipsopts and --extradvipsopts, for options
to be passed on when invoking dvips (i.e., to be added after ${dvips}).

- The suggested option --distiller-opts, for options to be passed on
when invoking the distiller selected by the --distiller option (i.e.,
to be added after ${distillerprog}).

I may be wrong here (it's possible "ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None"
won't work for --distiller but `ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None` or
'ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None' or `ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/
None' will, I never understood how " and ' and ` work in shell
scripts), but I am under the impression that what you suggest
requires modification of simpdftex anyway.

Bruno