[OS X TeX] Hyperref breaking

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Fri Feb 2 01:25:01 CET 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2007, at 1:27 PM, Nathan Paxton wrote:
>
>> 	In the output, the link runs off the page, when I use this syntax.
>> \href{http://www.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/handbooks/student/chapter2/academic_performance.html}{http://www.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/handbooks/student/chapter2/academic_performance.html}
>
> Use \href{link}{\url{link}}. This will work but will still run the margins
> somewhat because the url is hyphenated at the slashes. Perhaps there are ways
> to control the hyphenation inside \url but I don't know how.

It seems that \url{link} is sufficient, and the extra \href is spurious.
I.e.:

\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}

\usepackage{url}
\usepackage[unicode,bookmarks,colorlinks]{hyperref}

\url{http://www.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/handbooks/student/chapter2/academic_perfor
mance.html}{http://www.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/handbooks/student/chapter2/academic
_performance.html}

Of course, the original question is still pending unanswered: I also would
like how to get the extra long link beak to the next line, possibly at a
specified place. The usual discretionary \- doesn't work in the scope of
\url{link}.

Roussanka